donderdag 18 oktober 2007

Roisin Murphy launches new album.


She is best known as the singer of Moloko, an Anglo-Irish electronic/pop band that had several major hits in the late-‘90’s, like ‘Sing it back, The Time is Now, Familiar feeling’ and ‘Forever More’. Roisin Murphy launched a couple of years ago her solo career. Although her first album did not sell very well, her new album ‘Overpowered’, released on October 15th, is a promising new start, according to reviews in several newspapers and music magazines. Artists such as D-Train, Rene & Angela, Robert Palmer and Mantronix influenced the album. Roisin’s first single, the album title track, ‘Overpowered’ did quiet well in the music charts. Her new single, ‘Let me know’, produced by dance-icons Groove Armada, will probably push her album to the top of the charts.

Sources:

1 opmerking:

rolfdejoode zei

I have to say I didn’t know Roisin Murphy but listening to the YouTube clips gives me a positive feeling. I have about 200 CDs with mostly negative music and since they stay in their cupboard I listen often to more positive music. I find in the electronic music area much more positive and relaxation music, music like (as you mentioned too) Groove Armada but also St. Germain, Nouvelle Vague (a band who makes covers of the best songs) and of course sex on CD Enigma and Enya. I am listening to Nouvelle Vague on the moment and I can recommend it to you.